Something for everyone but the faint at heart. Critical care nursing vent-a-blog, on line dating after 40, animal adventures, cooking and gardening tips. Warning: May be offensive, crude and politically incorrect. Stories in the blog may be based on fact and may also be wildly exaggerated, at my will and imaginative discretion. The character names are changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent and to keep my ass from getting sued.

Monday, October 27, 2008

night shift blues


Well, I guess I converted to night shift. I hate sleeping through my days off but here lately, I can't seem to sleep at night. My eyes start to droop when the sun comes out. I've been off the last 3 nights and every single night I haven't been able to go to sleep until dawn. Loneliness seems more so pronounced in the dark of the night and all my well made plans go straight to shit in the wee hours of the night. I know there are other night shifters off from work tonight. Where are you? Where do other night shifters go at night when they are awake and the rest of the world is asleep? All night WalMart? All night Kroger? Bars? I hate bars. I don't smoke and don't like being around it. Plus, slobbering drunks are not my idea of a fun time...unless I'm slobbering right along and those days are long gone for me...So bars are out. I rarely drink; a good alcoholic buzz just isn't worth the resulting hangover for me. What to do? I've hung pictures, upholstered a head board for my bed, reupholstered an ottoman, cooked baked ziti and a zuchinni casserole, washed a dog, cleaned a house, and watched lots of bad tv. hmmmmmmmm. Guess I'll read some blogs until I come up with something else to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sallysue... just letting you know that I've given you a little "shout out" on my blog!

    dethmama

    ReplyDelete