Something for everyone but the faint at heart. Critical care nursing vent-a-blog, on line dating after 40, animal adventures, cooking and gardening tips. Warning: May be offensive, crude and politically incorrect. Stories in the blog may be based on fact and may also be wildly exaggerated, at my will and imaginative discretion. The character names are changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent and to keep my ass from getting sued.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

leftovers

Sometimes I'm just too nice. No, not here in blogland. Here, I'm out for blood and vengeance. (Good thing I have a place to let it vent out, huh?) I'm talking nice in real life.
Both men of the last couple of months tried to come back around and I was nice to them. For a minute anyway. The other week Ringo, aka urostomy DIY, tried to squirm his way back into my graces. I'm telling you, he just about begged to come over and I said very politely, I don't think that would be a good idea. Now just yesterday, I received a I'm sorry I've behaved so badly email from tha Shithead. I just said, Apology accepted. Wonder what's next?
I did go on a couple of dates lately. Let's see...one lied about his height. I was taller than him. He also limits his dining adventures to Applebees type places. He wants to make sure he can have 2 or 3 or 4 beers with his dinner. He also eats out every night. Me thinks somebody could possibly have a drinking problem...rule him out for being short and a boozer. The good news here? This guy really likes me and keeps calling. Somebody stop him! Another I met recently. This guy is wealthy, taller than me, also very much rounder and heavier than me (yeah, a little chubbs). Also, I think he aged 10 years from his posted online picture. This guy is the king of eccentric. You say eccentric when they are wealthy, just FN nuts when they are poor. He gave up his car years back for ecco causes. Yep, he only drives his scooter. Nope, not a motorcycle type scooter. We are talking putt putt moped 45mph tops scooter. In addition, the guy is a regular AA attendee (two meetings a day) and just quit smoking in the past year after receiving the news he was end stage COPD. Lovely. Another date in need of a critical care nurse. I think part of his eccentricity is from lack of oxygenation to the brain. You just never know until you meet someone. People hide all kinds of things but most of them come up when you meet them. What's that saying? Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

2 comments:

  1. You know what they say...'throw enough sh*t at the wall and eventually something sticks.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheeeeeettttt........If I had to date in my 40's, on top of everything else (failing eyesight, creaky bones, menopause, teenagers)....I'd end it all. The older I get, the more I love my doggie.

    Anyway, please check out my new post. As a critical care Rn, I value your imput on this silly situation. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete