Something for everyone but the faint at heart. Critical care nursing vent-a-blog, on line dating after 40, animal adventures, cooking and gardening tips. Warning: May be offensive, crude and politically incorrect. Stories in the blog may be based on fact and may also be wildly exaggerated, at my will and imaginative discretion. The character names are changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent and to keep my ass from getting sued.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

goodbyes

Sometimes you just have to say goodbye and walk away. Even when it makes you sad.
A guy that's been in and out of my life for the past year got the Big Muah......been nice knowing ya kid. I like him, too much and its not returned. He's one of these, lets be friends kind of guy. I've gotten mixed signals from him or maybe I'm mixed up and wouldn't know a signal if it slapped me across the face. I won't hear from him for awhile, and write him off, then here comes an email. I was telling him I wanted to try skydiving and wondered where he went. He offered to go with me to another city for moral support. I had also asked him when he was going to take me for a ride on his bike. He told he would have to get permission, from his girlfriend. Huhh? He'd go with me to another city and jump out of an airplane with me but have to check with the gf for an in town bike ride? He's the type guy that tries to devote himself to one woman at a time....however, I'm still wondering why he was emailing me if he was so devoted.
Anyway, I told him last night I didn't want to hear from him when he was otherwise attached . I've known him long enough to see him through several of those attachments. I don't wanna see no more. Its no good for me. I believe in the saying that you should surround yourself with people that make you feel good, that bring good into your life and avoid those that make you feel bad. Lifes too short to hang with the bad. Right now, he's own the bad side of the equation so Adios.

3 comments:

  1. There's plenty of other fish in the sea and it sounds like you've got the right bait. You'll do much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you totally. I'm kind of in the same boat right now. I have ZERO tolerance for DRAMA and the man in my life is Marlon Brando, James Dean and Zorba the Greek rolled into a nice turbulent package. I'm about to cut him off at the ankles and then leave no forwarding address. He needs meds, extensive therapy and to lose the sense of entitlement that only rich little kids grow up with. But he's also the one I've been holding out for for over 16 years, so.....I'll be a little more patient.

    But honey, sometimes it's not your problem and you can't fix it. And God give us the serenity to accept it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojito girl - wow what a man! What a ride! haha I love how you described him. you are too funny.

    ReplyDelete